London-based venture capital and advisory firm CAMSCORP has launched Ventures Lab, a three-month upscale program that will focus on taking African businesses to the next level and help them secure funding from international investors.
The program believes that African companies can compete on a global stage if they are given the right tools and opportunities. The main aim is to build a bridge that connects international investors to fast growing African companies and in the process help them to build world class enterprises that will have an impact on the GDP of their countries and continent.
The program will achieve its goals by providing business with mentorship, access to networks, as well as an investment readiness program which concludes with a pitch day in London.
Selected participants also receive tailored business advice, financial modelling, media coverage, and more.
The program also seeks to harness the power of diaspora-based entrepreneurs by helping them run cross-border businesses. It is focused on a variety of sectors, including agri-tech, fintech and data, and will conclude with a pitch day in London.
Those wanting to participate in the program will need to meet the following criteria:
- Have already completed an initial funding round and want to raise over US$1-million, or generated US$300000 in revenue if the company is self-funded.
- Must have a high level of month-on-month growth.
- Must either be an African company or African-focused company.
- Have a good management team.
- Must want to scale to a global market.
Deadline for applications is April 21,2017. Click here to apply.