VC4A has selected 16 countries for the VC4A Venture Showcase (Seed and Series A). In2021, the portfolio companies are vetted by VC investors through a rigorous referral and selection process representing the best Seed and Serie A investments. Companies selected demonstrated strong revenues and held a competitive edge. Most are well positioned for regional and international expansion while working on innovations in transport, healthcare, finance, commerce, and education.
The founders will showcase their businesses to investors during the Africa Early Stage Investor Summit on 4-5 November 2021 (bit.ly/3zOT3Xo), a signature industry event organized by VC4A and its partner the African Business Angels Network (ABAN). The rounds range between $400K and $20M and interested investors can get their seat at the table through the dedicated AESIS DealRooms organized in the week following the Summit. Since 2017, the Showcase portfolio companies have jointly raised over $160M in venture capital.
Series A track portfolio:
- Alpha Direct Insurtech (bit.ly/3m9irCG) – (Insurtech/SaaS, Botswana)
- Arifu (bit.ly/3kIfZU4) – (Edtech, Kenya)
- Chari Co (bit.ly/2XUV7jh) – (Retail & Wholesale, Morocco)
- Cinetpay (bit.ly/3zIBYhP) – (Fintech, Côte d’Ivoire)
- CloudFret (bit.ly/3zPhrZ0) – (Transport & Logistics, Morocco)
- Fatura (bit.ly/3iddoj9) – (Fintech/Retail & Wholesale, Egypt)
- Rology (bit.ly/3ANzwrR) – (Healthtech, Egypt)
- Youverify Inc. (Youcheck Online Services Limited) (bit.ly/2Zqb3uH) – (SaaS, Nigeria)
Seed track portfolio:
- Appload (bit.ly/3EX7rAH) – (Logistics, Mozambique)
- CashBackApp (https://bit.ly/3uePDw7) – (Shopping & Retail, Kenya)
- FlexPay (https://bit.ly/3zNSxJj) – (Fintech, Kenya)
- Moja Ride (bit.ly/3F6EaUv) – (Fintech/Transport, Côte d’Ivoire)
- Oneport INC (bit.ly/3zICVXr) – (Logistics/Fintech, Nigeria)
- SAYNA (bit.ly/3kMAbE4) – (Edtech, Madagascar)
- ShipBlu (bit.ly/3ibKlwi) – (Logistics/AI, Egypt)
- Waya Limited (bit.ly/39NJYn3) – (Fintech, Ghana)
Venture Residency Program
Over the next six weeks, the selected startups will participate in a virtual investor readiness program aimed to get them in top fundraising shape for #AESIS2021. The workshops will be led by renowned African investors: Aaron Fu of Catalytic Fund, Aniko Szigetvari of Atlantica Ventures, Gregoire de Padirac of Orange Ventures and Andrea Bohmert of Knife Capital, and will be complemented by office hours with domain experts and high profile guest speaker sessions. The entrepreneurs will also be linked to top VC and angel investors for one-on-one mentorship.