Come meet founders of West African Y Combinator companies and learn everything you need to know about putting together a strong application.
You’ll learn the answers to questions like:
- What’s the exact timeline of the process from deadline to acceptance?
- What does YC look out for when making the selection?
- What’re common mistakes African teams make when pitching YC?
- What’s the best way to prepare for the YC interview?
- If you’ve pitched unsuccefully in the past, should you pitch again?
Date: Saturday, September 23rd
Time: Doors open 12 PM
Where: Paystack Office, 3A Ladoke Akintola, Ikeja GRA, Lagos
12 – 2 PM: Check-in + small chops + mingling
2 – 3 PM: Moderated discussion with YC founders + Q&A
3 – 4 PM: General networking
Come meet the founders of
- Aella Credit – instant credit solutions for Africans
- Buypower – Buy electricity online in Nigeria
- Flutterwave – Modern payments infrastructure to power Africa’s digital economy
- Kangpe – Health advice at your fingertips
- Kudi.ai – Seamless payments through messaging
- OMG Digital – The media company for African millenials
- Paystack – Helping African merchants get paid by anyone, anywhere in the world
- Tizeti – Providing affordable, unlimited internet
- Tress – Discover and share beautiful hairstyles
Apply to Y Combinator
The deadline for applications to the Y Combinator Winter 2018 funding cycle is 8 pm PT on October 3rd. Apply to Y Combinator here.